Government And Public Law
Roedel Parsons’ attorneys provide counsel to local and state governmental entities and private clients regarding a variety of matters, including open meetings, procurement and public records. The firm has represented municipalities, school boards and state agencies in federal and state litigation, in business transactions and in matters involving various administrative agencies. Our attorneys serve as hearing officers and as agency counsel in administrative hearings and also assist with the preparation of administrative rules.
We appear frequently before various licensing agencies and have represented clients before the Louisiana State Licensing Board for Contractors, Louisiana Board of Registration for Professional Engineers and Land Surveyors, Louisiana State Board of Nursing and the Louisiana Board of Ethics.
Our attorneys are experienced in the unique area of election law and can assist with candidate elections, recall petitions, incorporations, annexations and districting.
- Counsel regarding public records disclosure and open meeting compliance by public bodies
- Drafting of administrative rules, procedures and policies
- Licensure matters for professionals seeking to obtain or maintain their right to conduct business in Louisiana
- Providing a “hot line” call-in service for newspapers through the Louisiana Press Association
- Assisting clients with issues involving issues of expropriation and eminent domain
- Counsel in drafting rules and regulations governing the gaming industry