Labor and Employment
Our labor and employment attorneys handle a variety of employment litigation claims ranging from age, disability, gender, and racial discrimination to sexual harassment and discriminatory discharge under both state and federal law. We also handle suits to enforce noncompetition and confidentiality agreements and other breach of contract claims related to employment issues, as well as retaliatory discharge and “whistleblower” claims. And our workers’ compensation team litigates claims before the Louisiana Department of Labor and defends against fraudulent workers’ compensation claims.
In addition to litigated matters, we provide advice and preventative counseling to our business and corporate clients. We also work with management in the drafting of employment agreements, policy manuals and related documentation. And we advise on a multitude of employment issues such as ADA policies and procedures as to public facilities, salary, pension, leave, health insurance and various other entitlements.
- Advice to public facilities on ADA policies and procedures
- Defense of claims under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Drafting of noncompete agreements and nonsolicitation agreements
- Retaliatory discharge and “whistleblower” litigation claims
- Trials and appeals involving employment litigation matters