Ryan R. Brown
- Of Counsel
Ryan's career started as a law clerk with the Louisiana Department of Justice, Attorney General's Office, Criminal Division where he was involved in the drafting and preparation of Louisiana Attorney General Opinions and pleadings. After graduation, Ryan became an associate with Urbach, Hacker, and Young Advisors assisting corporate clients in the area of state and local income and franchise and property (SALT) tax.
At Roedel Parsons, Ryan has a diverse practice in the area of General Litigation, Corporate Law, Wills & Successions, Business Transactions, Landlord & Tenant Law, Ad Volarem Tax Law, and Family Law.
Ryan's passion is giving back to the community. He currently serves with various programs affiliated with the Baton Rouge Bar Association, some of which include Ask-A-Lawyer, Family Law Self-Help Resource Center, Holiday Star Committee, Junior Partners Academy Committee, Law Day Committee, and Pro Bono Individual Bankruptcy Representation. Ryan is also a volunteer high school basketball coach. Ryan further serves as Chairman of Just Cause LA, Inc., a nonprofit corporation serving residents of Baton Rouge and surrounding areas.
Ryan has been recognized for his outstanding service to his community by receiving the Baton Rouge Bar Association President's Award (2013), the Louisiana State Bar Association Young Lawyers Division Pro Bono Award (2013) and the Judge Joseph Keogh Memorial Award (2014).
Ryan received his Bachelor of Science in Business Information Technology from Louisiana State University and his Juris Doctorate - Bachelor of Law (CommonCivil Law) from Paul M. Hebert Law Center, Louisiana State University.
Areas of Practice
- General Litigation
- Corporate Law
- Wills & Successions
- Business Transactions
- Landlord & Tenant Law
- Family Law
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Louisiana
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Louisiana
- U.S. District Court Western District of Louisiana
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit
- Louisiana State University, Paul M. Hebert Law Center, Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- Juris Doctorate - Bachelor of Law - 2007
- Major: CommonCivil Law
- Louisiana State University
- Bachelor of Science - 2003
- Major: Business Information Technology
Honors and Awards
- Louisiana State Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division, Pro Bono Award, 2013
- Judge Joseph Keogh Memorial Award, 2014
- Baton Rouge Bar Association President's Award
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Baton Rouge Bar Association, Member
- Louisiana State Bar Association, Member
Past Employment Positions
- Louisiana Department of Justice, Attorney General’s Office, Criminal Division, Law Clerk
- Urbach, Hacker, and Young Advisors, Associate
Pro Bono Activities
- Just Cause LA, Inc., Chairman