Baton Rouge, LA
Ross started his legal career in 1996 as a Public Defender in Iberia Parish, where he tried a large number of felony cases in his first year of practice. Although the courtroom experience was invaluable, he decided to transition into a civil practice where he has worked over the last 20 years, primarily in the area of business development and business litigation.
Ross boasts a unique area of knowledge–electric utilities. For many years, he worked as outside corporate counsel for one of the nation’s largest electric distribution cooperatives. When asked to help solve the problem of rising insurance rates resulting from the large number of lawsuits being filed against it, he became an ALEC Certified Electric Lineman after four years of study and training. His commitment paid off, as that Company successfully defended against a great many cases involving line-related deaths and injuries. And its self-insurance program—which Ross helped to develop and manage—became a model program for other electric distribution companies in the State.
Ross' vast corporate experience translates into a healthy business development practice. To that end, he handles business entity development and formation, corporate governance, mergers and acquisitions, legal compliance, trademarks, copyrights, data retention and security, contracts, internal policies and procedures, employment, occupational licensing, litigation management, insurance defense litigation, and collections. He represents a diverse group of corporate clients, many of which are Louisiana-based manufacturers. He also works closely with the Louisiana Business & Technology Center and serves as a judge at its annual Venture Challenge. Ross also has extensive experience representing government agencies, having served in the roles of City Attorney, Prosecutor, Public Defender and Code Enforcement Prosecutor.
Ross is the proud father of twin girls. His wife, Tisha, is a long-time Nurse Practitioner at St. Elizabeth Physicians in Gonzales, Louisiana, and generally regarded as a leader in her field, having precepted most of the Nurse Practitioners working in the greater Baton Rouge and New Orleans areas.
Areas of Practice
- Business and Corporate
- Administrative and Regulatory
- Litigation Defense
- Louisiana State University Law Center, Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- J.D. - 1996
- University of Louisiana Lafayette
- B.A. - 1992
- Legal Research Instructor with Baton Rouge College, 2002
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Louisiana State Bar Association
- Baton Rouge Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Phi Delta Phi International Legal Fraternity
- International Law Society
- “Employment Discrimination and Harassment,” National Business Institute (December 2016)
- “The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act,” National Business Institute (December 2016)
Specialties and Certifications
- ALEC Certified Electric Lineman, 2006
- Certified Accident Investigator, Federated Insurance, 2004