Our real estate and transactional attorneys represent developers, lenders, realtors, and individual and corporate clients in a variety of commercial and residential real estate closing transactions, including exchanges, real estate, refinancing, sales, and UCC secured transactions and work-outs. The firm also represents landlords, lenders, and tenants in negotiation and documentation of commercial and residential lease transactions, including free standing building leases, lease financing, and office, retail, and shopping center leases.
The firm has negotiated and documented a variety of complex real estate transactions, including condominium development and conversion, commercial and industrial facilities, golf course developments, merchant power and cogeneration plants, planned unit developments, and residential developments.
Our real estate and transactional attorneys are licensed title insurance agents, and the firm is authorized to write title policies for Stewart Title Guaranty Company and First American Title Insurance Company of Louisiana. The firm also represents individuals and corporate landowners, landlords and tenants in litigation involving a variety of real estate issues, including deed restrictions, enforcement, eviction, land use, and access.
Examples of our work include:
- New market tax credit projects
- Real estate transactions involving the Louisiana Superdome, Louisiana State University, and the Medical Center of Louisiana
- Transactions involving 1031 and other real estate exchanges
- Traditional commercial and residential closings
- Unique work involving office towers, golf courses and athletic facilities