Our labor and employment attorneys handle a variety of employment litigation claims ranging from age, disability, gender, and racial discrimination to sexual harassment and discriminatory discharge under both state and federal law. We also handle suits to enforce non-competition and confidentiality agreements and other breach of contract claims related to employment issues.
The firm has workers' compensation defense attorneys who litigate claims before the Louisiana Department of Labor and defend against fraudulent workers' compensation claims. In addition to litigated matters, we provide advice and preventative counseling to our business and corporate clients. Our lawyers also work with management in the drafting of employment agreements, policy manuals, and related documentation.
Examples of our work include:
- Advice to public facilities on ADA policies and procedures
- Defense of claims under the Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Drafting of non-compete agreements and non-solicitation agreements
- Retaliatory discharge and "whistleblower" litigation claims
- Trials and appeals involving employment litigation matters